Father’s Day is a perfect opportunity for you to tell your dad how much you appreciate his existence in your life. Whether it’s your dad or someone who is a first-time dad, give them a card with nice and meaningful words inside.
These first Father’s Day quotes we prepared for you can be a great addition to your message too. Some of them are emotional, some are written in a funny but truthful way by famous authors, actors, and actresses. Take a look and see if you think any or all of them describe how awesome and wonderful a dad is!
First Father’s Day Quotes
1. Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad. – Anne Geddes
2. To all the first time dads who put the ‘dad’ in the dad bod: Happy Father’s Day.
3. Dad, you’ve always been like a father to me. I know this is late but for the first time ever, I would like to greet you a happy father’s day.
4. A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society. – Billy Graham
5. What makes you a man is not the ability to make a child, it’s the courage to raise one. – Barak Obama
6. Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song. – Pam Brown
7. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person. – Naveen Jain
8. Becoming a dad means you have to be a role model for your son and be someone he can look up to. – Wayne Rooney
9. The only way I can describe fatherhood is at the end of How the Grinch Stole Christmas, you know how his heart grows like five times? Everything is full; it’s just full all the time. – Matt Damon
10. Happy Father’s Day to a new dad who probably fell asleep before finishing this sentence.
11. The guys who fear becoming fathers don’t understand that fathering is not something perfect men do, but something that perfects the men. – Frank Pittman
12. Having a kid is like falling in love for the first time when you’re 12, but every day. – Mike Myers
13. I believe that what we become depends on what our fathers teach us at odd moments, when they aren’t trying to teach us. We are formed by the little scraps of wisdom. – Umberto Eco
14. My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me. – Jim Valvano
15. The quality of a father can be seen in the goals, dreams, and aspirations he sets not only for himself, but for his family. – Reed Markham
16. When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry. – William Shakespeare
17. I want to congratulate all the men out there who are working diligently to be good fathers whether they are stepfathers, or biological fathers or just spiritual fathers. – T.D. Jakes
18. Son, brother, father, lover, friend. There is room in the heart for all the affections, as there is room in heaven for all the stars. – Victor Hugo
19. I pray to be a good servant to God, a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a brother, an uncle, a good neighbor, a good leader to those who look up to me, a good follower to those who are serving God and doing the right thing. – Mark Wahlberg
20. It’s an ongoing joy being a dad. – Liam Neeson
21. Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. – Ephesians 6:4 NIV
22. A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again. – Enid Bagnold
23. By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he’s wrong. – Charles Wadsworth
24. It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. – Johann Schiller
25. My dad’s not here, but he’s watching in heaven. – Bubba Watson
26. It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father. – Pope John XXIII
27. Without my dad, I wouldn’t be here. – Maria Sharapova
28. Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother rather than all major credit cards. – Robert Orben
29. My Dad is my hero. – Harry Connick, Jr.
30. I can definitely say the older I’ve got the better I’ve become at being a dad and a husband. – Rod Stewart
31. I’m a father; that’s what matters most. Nothing matters more. – Gordon Bro
32. Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family. It is the advancement of man, the victory of a just cause, the triumph of truth. – Menachem Begin
33. He didn’t tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it. – Clarence Budington Kelland
34. The greatest thing a father can do to his children, is to love their mother. – Anjaneth Garcia Untalan
35. Being a father helps me be more responsible. You see more things than you’ve ever seen. – Kid Rock
36. My dad’s my best mate, and he always will be. – Cher Lloyd
Read also: 135 Dad Sayings.
37. My father always told me, ‘Find a job you love and you’ll never have to work a day in your life.’ – Jim Fox
38. When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years. – Mark Twain
39. When you’re young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he’s just a regular guy who wears a cape. – Dave Atell
40. Anyone can be a father, but it takes a lot to be a daddy.
41. When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back. – Linda Poindexter
42. Dad, I may not be the best, but I come to believe that I got it in me to be somebody in this world. And it’s not because I’m so different from you either. It’s because I’m the same. I mean, I can be just as hard-headed, and just as tough. I only hope I can be as good a man as you. – Jake Gyllenhaal
43. There will always be a few people who have the courage to love what is untamed inside us. One of those men is my father. – Alison Lohman
44. The greatest gift I ever had came from God; I call him Dad.
45. I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father’s protection. – Sigmund Freud
46. Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad, and that’s why I call you dad, because you are so special to me. You taught me the game and you taught me how to play it right. – Wade Boggs
47. One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters. – George Herbert
48. Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten. – Conrad Hall
49. Being a father has been, without a doubt, my greatest source of achievement, pride and inspiration. Fatherhood has taught me about unconditional love, reinforced the importance of giving back and taught me how to be a better person. – Naveen Jain
50. My dad is my best friend, my father, and my boss. When I do something that is exciting and he likes it, it feels three times as good as you can imagine. – David Lauren
51. If I had the chance to choose my dad, you would still be my 1st choice, I love you dad.
52. Father’s Day is hopefully a time when the culture says, ‘This is our moment to look at who our men and boys are.’ – Michael Gurian
53 No one in this world can love a girl more than her father. – Michael Ratnadeepak
54. The gift of a Father cannot been seen by our eyes, yet he sacrificed his every breath, sweat and everything to comfort us, his family. – King Tony .S.Singh
55. No music is so pleasant to my ears as that word―father. – Lydia Maria Child
56. Fatherhood is pretending the present you love most is soap-on-a-rope. – Bill Cosby
57. One of the greatest titles in the world is parent, and one of the biggest blessings in the world is to have parents to call mom and dad. – Jim DeMint
58. A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father. – Frank Abagnale
59. To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter. – Euripides
60. Until you have a son of your own, you will never know the joy, the love beyond feeling that resonates in the heart of a father as he looks upon his son. – Kent Nerburn
61. My dad was my best friend and greatest role model. He was an amazing dad, coach, mentor, soldier, husband and friend. – Tiger Woods
62. I would say my greatest achievement in life right now – my greatest achievement period is – and I’m still trying to achieve it – is to be a wonderful father to my kids. – Bo Jackson
63. You don’t have to deserve your mother’s love. You have to deserve your father’s. – Robert Frost
64. My father used to say that it’s never too late to do anything you wanted to do. And he said, ‘You never know what you can accomplish until you try.’ – Michael Jordan
65. I mean, I look at my dad. He was twenty when he started having a family, and he was always the coolest dad. He did everything for his kids, and he never made us feel like he was pressured. I know that it must be a great feeling to be a guy like that. – Adam Sandler
66. I think my mom put it best. She said, ‘Little girls soften their daddy’s hearts.’ – Paul Walker
67. I would want my legacy to be that I was a great son, father and friend. – Dante Hall
68. I decided in my life that I would do nothing that did not reflect positively on my father’s life. – Sidney Poitier
69. My father always used to say that when you die, if you’ve got five real friends, then you’ve had a great life. – Lee Iacocca
70. Son, brother, father, lover, friend. There is room in the heart for all the affections, as there is room in heaven for all the stars. – Victor Hugo
71. It doesn’t matter who my father was; it matters who I remember he was. – Anne Sexton
72. I was raised in the greatest of homes, just a really great dad, and I miss him so much, he was a good man, a real simple man. Very faithful, always loved my mom, always provided for the kids, and just a lot of fun. – Max Lucado
73. When it comes to Father’s Day, I will remember my dad for both being there to nurture me and also for the times he gave me on my own to cultivate my own interests and to nurture my own spirit. – Jennifer Grant
74. A good father believes that he does wisely to encourage enterprise, productive skill, prudent self-denial, and judicious expenditure on the part of his son. – William Graham Sumner
You may also like: 110 I love My Dad Quotes.
75. One of the greatest gifts my father gave me – unintentionally – was witnessing the courage with which he bore adversity. We had a bit of a rollercoaster life with some really challenging financial periods. He was always unshaken, completely tranquil, the same ebullient, laughing, jovial man. – Ben Okri
76. I am not ashamed to say that no man I ever met was my father’s equal, and I never loved any other man as much. – Hedy Lamarr
77. I imagine God to be like my father. My father was always the voice of certainty in my life. Certainty in the wisdom, certainty in the path, certainty always in God. For me God is certainty in everything. Certainty that everything is good and everything is God. – Yehuda Berg
78. Mothers play an important role as the heart of the home, but this in no way lessens the equally important role fathers should play, as head of the home, in nurturing, training, and loving their children. – Ezra Taft Benson
79. I had no expectations about fatherhood, really, but it’s definitely a journey I’m glad to be taking. Number one, it’s a great learning experience. When my mother told me it’s a 24/7 job, she wasn’t kidding. – Christopher Meloni
80. To be as good as our fathers we must be better, imitation is not discipleship. – Wendell Phillips
81. Fatherhood is the best thing that could happen to me, and I’m just glad I can share my voice. – Dwyane Wade
82. I’ve said it before, but it’s absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future. – Liza Minnelli
83. We should all aspire in life to do a multitude of things well – to be a great father, to be a good husband, to be a good lover, you know, to try to do things the best you can is very important to me. – Matthew Modine
84. Dad taught me everything I know. Unfortunately, he didn’t teach me everything he knows. – Al Unser
85. This is the price you pay for having a great father. You get the wonder, the joy, the tender moments – and you get the tears at the end, too. – Harlan Coben
86. Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes. – Gloria Naylor
87. The best thing about being a dad? Well, I think it’s just the thing that every man wants – to have a son and heir. – George Best
88. To me, having kids is the ultimate job in life. I want to be most successful at being a good father. – Nick Lachey
89. My appreciation for my father’s greatness cannot be measured. – Jennifer Williamson
90. It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons. – Johann Friedrich Von Schiller
91. Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
92. I love my father as the stars—he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart. – Adabella Radici
93. A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.
94. Deeply, I know this, that love triumphs over death. My father continues to be loved, and therefore he remains by my side. – Jennifer Williamson
95. You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out. – Jerry Seinfeld
96. I gave my father $100 and said, “Buy yourself something that will make your life easier.” So he went out and bought a present for my mother. – Rita Rudner
97. My daughter got me a “World’s Best Dad” mug. So we know she’s sarcastic. – Bob Odenkirk
98. Even though I’m proud by dad invented the rear-view mirror, we’re not as close as we appear. – Stewart Francis
99. Father’s Day is important because, besides being the day on which we honor Dad, it’s the one day of the year that Brookstone does any business. – Jimmy Fallon
100. We wondered why when a child laughed, he belonged to Daddy, and when he had a sagging diaper that smelled like a landfill, ‘He wants his mother. – Erma Bombeck
101. If at first you don’t succeed, call dad.
102. A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day. – Susan Gale
103. The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get. – Tim Russert
104. My father was my teacher. But most importantly he was a great dad. – Beau Bridges
105. I try to live my life like my father lives his. He always takes care of everyone else first. He won’t even start eating until he’s sure everyone else in the family has started eating. Another thing: My dad never judges me by whether I win or lose. – Ben Roethlisberger
106. My dad has given me the best gift anyone has ever given me. He gave me wings to fly. – Adria Arjona
107. I hope I can be as good of a father to my son as my dad was to me. – Calvin Johnson
108. My dad is my best friend, my father, and my boss. When I do something that is exciting and he likes it, it feels three times as good as you can imagine. – David Lauren
109. When one has not had a good father, one must create one. – Friedrich Nietzsche
110. From my dad I learned to be good to people, to always be honest and straightforward. I learned hard work and perseverance. – Luke Bryan
111. Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family. It is the advancement of man, the victory of a just cause, the triumph of truth. – Menachem Begin
112. I think me being your child is enough of a gift. Happy Father’s Day Dad.
113. I am proud and honored to have you as my father. I want to thank you for everything you’ve done for me but somehow I feel like I can never thank you enough. I love you, dad. Happy Father’s Day.
114. Dad, you’re the first man in my life. My first love, my forever, my hero. Happy Father’s Day.
115. I’ll always be your little girl. You’ll always be my hero.
116. My Father had a profound influence on me. He was a lunatic. – Spike Milligan
117. Who’s my hero? That’s a great question. Well, I think my dad is my hero, because he’s someone I look up to every day. – Tom Brady
118. The difference between a ‘man’ and a ‘father’ is that the former shares his genes, but latter gives his life. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
119. A great father is one whose children look up to him rather than away from him. – Richelle E. Goodrich
120. The best fathers have the softest, sweetest hearts. In other words, great dads are real marshmallows. – Richelle E. Goodrich
121. When I was small I felt like a Superhero as my father threw me up in the air. Now after reaching this success peak I unmask – Real Superhero made me Superhero. – Hasil Paudyal
122. The father who has selflessly poured himself into the life of his children may leave no other monument than that of his children. But as for a life well lived, no other monument is necessary. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
123. For me, a father supplies sperm and his part of the chromosomes necessary for life. But a dad? He gives of his time & wisdom while nurturing forever memories and life lessons with his heart. – Sandra Sealy
124. A father knows that the voice of a child singing is nothing less than the heart of a father that lost its voice. And so, rather than write such singing off to the ignorance of childhood muse, the wise father learns to sing again. – Craig D. Lounsbrough
125. I’m so proud of you that it makes me proud of me. I hope you know that. – John Green,
126. Sometimes I think my papa is an accordion. When he looks at me and smiles and breathes, I hear the notes. – Markus Zusak
127. Listen, there is no way any true man is going to let children live around him in his home and not discipline and teach, fight and mold them until they know all he knows. His goal is to make them better than he is. Being their friend is a distant second to this. – Victor Devlin
128. There is nothing that moves a loving father’s soul quite like his child’s cry. – Joni Eareckson Tada
129. There is no teacher equal to mother and there’s nothing more contagious than the dignity of a father. – Amit Ray