It’s a silly joke, obviously, but any dad will appreciate it, as it comes from the heart. Don’t wait for the holidays or a certain moment in time you might feel “right”, because any and every day is an opportunity to tell your dad you miss him, you appreciate him and want what’s best for him.
What can be better than a cute quote that shows your affection and that you’ve inherited his sense of humor too?
Any of these work well on a card or on the phone and even in person.
Cute Quotes for Dad From his Daughter
1. “I smile because you’re my father. I laugh because there’s nothing you can do about it.”
2. “It is admirable for a man to take his son fishing, but there is a special place in heaven for the father who takes his daughter shopping.” – John Sinor
3. “A little girl giggles when she is denied an ice-cream by her mother. She knows daddy will get her some later.” – Unknown
4. “Dad, you’ve always been the coolest – like all those times you said ‘yes’ when Mom said ‘no.’”
5. “Behind every great daughter is a truly amazing dad.”
6. “Dear Daddy, no matter where I go in life, you’ll always be my number one man.”
7. “A father holds his daughter’s hand for a short while, but he holds her heart forever.”
8. “Being a daddy’s girl is like having permanent armor for the rest of your life.” – Marinela Reka
9. “One of the greatest gifts I’ve ever gotten came from God. I call him daddy.”
10. “Dad – he can play like a kid, give advice like a friend, and protect like a bodyguard.”
11. “No one in this world can love a girl more than her father.” – Michael Ratnadeepak
12. “In the darkest days, when I feel inadequate, unloved and unworthy, I remember whose daughter I am and I straighten my crown.”
13. “It was my father who taught me to value myself.” – Dawn French
14. “Some people don’t believe in heroes but they haven’t met my dad.”
15. “The love between a father and daughter is forever.”
16. “When my father didn’t have my hand, he had my back.” – Linda Poindexter
17. “I am a princess not because I have a prince, but because my father is a king.”
18. “Nothing makes me feel stronger than knowing that I have a dad who’s got my back. I love you.”
19. “When I’m at my best, I am my father’s daughter.”
20. “Dad, even a fleeting memory of your loving smile is enough to light up my darkest days. I love you!”
Cute Quotes for Dad From Son
1. “My father didn’t do anything unusual. He only did what dads are supposed to do—be there.”- Max Lucado
2. “My father gave me the greatest gift anyone could give another person: He believed in me.” – Jim Valvano
3. “I love my father as the stars — he’s a bright shining example and a happy twinkling in my heart.”- Terri Guillemets
4. “A father is neither an anchor to hold us back, nor a sail to take us there, but a guiding light whose love shows us the way.”
5. “When you need real understanding, when you need someone to care, when you need someone to guide you … A father’s always there.”- Thomas J. Langley
6. “A good father is one whose only reason for putting down a laughing baby is to pick up a crying one.” —Linda Poindexter
7. “God gave me the greatest gift of all, and I call him DAD!”- Kenneth Tan
8. “A father doesn’t tell you that he loves you. He shows you.”- Dimitri the Stoneheart
9. “A dad is someone who holds you when you cry, scolds you when you break the rules, shines with pride when you succeed, and has faith in you even when you fail.”
10. “You are always by my side, you make me believe that I can fly. I feel like I can soar really high, cause you are there watching me and smiling. I would not be who I am without you dad.”
11. “A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow.”
12. “My arms may be small, but I can still wrap daddy around them.”
13. “Dad, when I count my blessings, I count you twice.”- Irish saying
14. “Even when my father wasn’t there to support me, I could always feel his loving arms.”
15. “What a father means to his son growing up, will become what a son means to his father growing old.”
16. “Life doesn’t come with an instruction book — that’s why we have fathers.” – H. Jackson Browne
17. “Blessed indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him father.”- Lydia Maria Child
18. “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.”- Billy Graham
19. “Lately, all my friends are worried they’re turning into their fathers. I’m worried I’m not.”- Dan Zevin
20. “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.”- Liza Minnelli
Cute Father’s Day Quotes and Messages
1. “Dad. You have given me the best things in life: Your time, your care, and your love. I am truly grateful to have you in my life. Happy Father’s Day!”
2. “I hope and pray that I will be as good as a Dad as you have been.”
3. “Dad, you taught me the love of a father. In your arms I was always safe. You taught me selflessness. To you I am forever grateful. I love you dad.”
4. “One day is not enough to honor how special of a father you truly are because you are amazing every day of the year. Thank you for all that you do. I love you!”
5. “Daddy, thanks for being my hero, chauffeur, financial support, listener, life mentor, friend, guardian, and simply being there every time I need a hug” – Agatha Stephanie Lin
6. Happy Father’s Day to the world’s greatest father, husband, protector, and friend!
7. We’re an amazing family and we’re totally cool, mostly because of you. Happy Father’s Day!
8. The best part of Father’s Day is when your kids buy you something nice with your own money.
9. Dad, may your Father’s Day be better than your jokes.
10. Happy Father’s Day, Dad! Without me, today is just another day. (You’re welcome!)
11. Happy Father’s Day to the best Dad in the world!
12. Out of all the dads in the world, I think we got the best one! Happy Father’s Day.
13. Dad, you’re the first person I phone when I have a question about something or when I need some good advice. Thanks for always being there for me!
14. Thanks for giving me so much love, attention, and care. You truly are the best Dad! Happy Father’s Day.
15. The older I get, the more I appreciate just how much you have done for me and how many sacrifices you’ve made. I can’t thank you enough! I hope you have a great Father’s Day!
16. Dad, you made our childhood so much fun, and it’s full of brilliant memories because of you. Now that we’re older, I really appreciate that you’re always there to listen and give advice.
17. Dad, you’re one in a million! Thanks for standing by me no matter what. Have a great Father’s Day!
18. No one is as caring and hardworking as you are! We are so lucky to call you dad. Thanks for always being there for us.
19. This card is packed full of virus-free hugs and kisses just for you! I love you so very much and miss you enormously! I hope you have a very happy Father’s Day and that we can see each other again soon.
20. Happy Father’s Day to my amazing dad! Although we’re far apart, you’re always in my thoughts and prayers. I love you and miss you more than words can say.
Cute Quotes for Dad For his Birthday
1. “A father’s smile has been known to light up a child’s entire day.” – Susan Gale
2. A French proverb say, “a father is a banker provided by nature”, and I will treasure you forever. Happy Birthday, dad.
3. “To the world you are a dad. To our family you are the world.”
4. Dad, you’re an oldie but goodie. Happy Birthday from one of your greatest hits!
5. Happy Birthday to the man who fought all the monsters under the bed and in the closet. Thank you for always making me feel safe!
6. It’s not easy being a father, but you do it with class and style. Happy Birthday to the dad who can do it all.
7. Dad, if you got a trophy for every one of your great accomplishments, you’d be out of space! I’m always proud to call you my father. Happy Birthday!
8. Dear Dad, I hope you know how much you really mean to me. Thank you so much for everything. Happy Birthday!
9. Dad, you may be growing another year older, but remember that you are only as old as you feel. Today’s your special day, so party it up like you’re 21!
10. Happy Birthday Dad! May all your fish be big, your beers stay cold, and your sports teams have a winning season!
11. To the best taxi driver, the most effective spider hunter, the cheapest handyman, and the most generous bank I know. Happy Birthday Dad!
12. Thanks for always treating me like a princess, Pops! Happy Birthday with many more to come! I love you.
13. Dad, you’re not 58; you’re just 22 years old and have 36 years of experience! Congratulations on your Birthday!
14. Here’s to you, Dad, and every grey hair on your head on your Birthday. After all, I had a hand in making things happen. Happy Birthday!
15. Happy Birthday, daddy! You’re growing more beautiful and handsome as you come closer to retirement. I hope you continue to be an example to everyone.
16. You always told me that I could do the impossible, if only I tried hard enough. That’s why I can live the amazing life I do. You inspire me to be brave enough to achieve my goals. Happy Birthday Dad, and thank you for everything you do!
17. You always taught me to appreciate the outdoors, not knowing just how important this would become to me. Thanks, Dad, for being such an important part of my life. May we celebrate many more birthdays together
18. Though I’m still little, I’m learning about all the love you’ve given me. Thank you for taking my hand and teaching me the things that I need to know. You’re my hero and my guide. Happy Birthday Dad!
19. You’re like scotch, always getting better with age. Wait, no, I didn’t get you aged scotch. It was just a metaphor. Well, anyway, Happy Birthday!
20. You know what they say: Real heroes don’t wear capes, they make bad puns. Thank you for being the puniest dad ever, Dad. Happy Birthday!
Check out this story for more inspiring dad birthday quotes.
Some extra Cute Father’s Day Quotes That Actually Work for Any Occasion
1. “A dad is more than just the sum of his parts. He is the very soul of the family.”
2. “Fathers are patient, kind, and loving. You are all of these and more to me!”
3. “Fathers are men who dared to place the world’s hopes and dreams in their children.”
4. “Dads share wisdom with their children in the hopes they spread it throughout the world.”
5. “The world turns on a father’s love for his daughter.”
6. “Thank you for being my dad. Without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today and you are the reason for my success.”
7. “Sons learn what their fathers teach them: to be kind, thoughtful, loving, and mindful.”
8. “A father may only be a dad for a little while, but he is a son’s hero forever.”
9. “Only the best dads let their children fly. Only the most loved children will soar. Thank you for giving me wings.”
10. “If I grow up to be half the person you are, Dad, then I will consider my life a success.”
11. “A hero is someone who gives without thought of himself. Thankfully, I had a father who never hesitated to give all of himself. You are my inspiration.”
12. “Dad, you are the bravest person I have ever met. You have shown me how to be strong in heart, mind, and soul, and stay true to myself.”
13. “What my dad has taught me cannot be learned in school. Dads are life’s most influential teachers.”
14. “The guiding light of my father has proven to be the brightest star in the sky.”
15. “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely.” —Emile Gaboriau
16. “Every son quotes his father, in words and in deeds.” —Emile Gaboriau
17. “The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get.” —Tim Russert
18. “Daddies don’t just love their children every now and then, it’s a love without end.” —George Strait
19. “Dads are like chocolate chip cookies; they may have chips or be totally nutty, but they are sweet and make the world a better place, especially for their children.” —Hillary Lytle
20. “Any man can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.” —Anne Geddes
Related: 100+ I Love You Dad Quotes