Dad plays an important role in every step their child takes. They’re like warriors who will fight every battle for the sake of their child’s happiness. A father’s love will never end until the end of time. However, some children grow up without a father, some lose their dad because of death. Not everyone is given the chance to spend their entire life with their father because of so many different reasons that they have no control over.
Being away from your father or losing him forever may cause you to feel empty and incomplete. The sadness that fills your heart is something you’ll have to deal with for the rest of your life. Missing someone and knowing you may never see them again is such a painful truth.
If you miss your father but you don’t know the right words to describe what you feel, these quotes and messages we compiled for you might be just what you need.
Missing Dad Quotes
1. Dad, I keep thinking about, you even though it pains. I’d give anything to relive those memories again. I miss you.
2. I never knew that being fatherless would make me feel so aimless, worthless, powerless, heartless and helpless. I miss you, dad.
3. It hurts to think that you are not here anymore. Although I can’t help but smile with tears in my eyes to think of how we cherished each and every moment of our lives together when you were alive. I miss you, dad.
4. I still get a lot of hugs but none of them are as warm as yours. I miss you, dad.
5. Dad, wherever you are I just want you to know that no matter how much we’ve fought and argued, you were right, is what my heart always knew. I miss you.
6. Right from the time when you held me in your arms to the day when you saw me off for my first day in school, I am holding today on the beautiful memories that have made me the person I am today. I miss you, dad.
7. Every time I place flowers on your grave, I realize how fragrant you made my life. I miss you, dad.
8. Just one last chance, I wish I could get to hug you. Then I would hold you tight and never let go. I miss you, dad.
9. Dad, you taught me to be strong but sorry I’m letting you down. I can never be strong enough to accept that you are no longer here. I miss you.
10. Death thinks it has taken you away from me. But it doesn’t know that it has actually brought us closer than ever. I miss you, dad.
11. Dad, how ironic is it that I wasted all these years not listening to you. But now that you’re not here, I’m living life exactly how you told me to.
12. Every Father’s Day is a painful reminder of your absence in my life. Dad, I wish I could just turn back time and live out every single day of my childhood as if it were a grand Father’s Day celebration. I miss you.
13. We may have been living miles apart but somehow it always felt that you were always there. Maybe because ever since you held my tiny fingers, you showered me with nothing but love and care. Dad, I miss you.
14. Dad, as much as a mourning, your death is a celebration because you made my life nothing short of one.
15. I miss you dad, now there is no one to help me when I’m fighting with myself.
16. Your death will always remain a blurry memory. But your life will always be a vivid one, the epitome of greatness and sacrifice. I miss you, dad.
17. On the day I lost you, I lost a father, a friend, and an idol who I looked up to. I miss you, dad.
18. It didn’t matter whether we met often or not, what mattered is that your advice helped me connect my life’s dots. It didn’t matter whether we spoke every day or not, what mattered was that you loved me a lot. Dad, I miss you.
19. Death may have taken you away from me, but my life’s hero you’ll forever be. Miss you dad.
20. Just like how I was the apple of your eye, you were the balm to my soul. I miss you, dad.
21. Dad, even though you are not in front of my eyes right now, your picture in my heart will remain beautifully pristine forever. I miss you.
22. Death took away not just my dad, but also someone who was my unsung hero. I miss you.
23. How do you expect me to cope up with the grief your death, when you were the only person who understood me for what I was and not for what I could be? I miss you, dad.
24. Dad, I won’t immortalize you in the stars, because they fade away. I won’t remember you with a poem, for it will be forgotten one day. I will just keep you safe in my heart, so that you are with me in every way. I miss you.
25. Whether it is the empty spot in a chair next to mum’s or the eerily silent garage on a Sunday morning, you are missed in every way, dad. I love you.
26. When I think of you, tears roll down my cheeks unbidden, just the way it rains in London. I miss you.
27. Dad, as a child, I had a million ways to annoy you. As a teenager, I had a million reasons to defy you. As an adult, I had a million opportunities to make you proud. I did all that but I missed out on the most important – a million chances to say I love you while you were alive. I miss you.
28. Talking to your gravestone and hugging your photographs – these are just some of the things I do to convince myself that you are still here. I miss you, dad.
29. Dad, how heartbroken I am and how much I miss you. I can’t explain in words but my tears do.
30. People say that whatever happens, happens for the best. But the painful memories of your death, I’ll never be able to put to rest. I miss you, dad.
31. How can the Heavens be beautiful when they have been nasty enough to take away my favorite person from me? I miss you, dad.
32. Dad, I haven’t been with you enough to know everything about you, but I have been with you enough to love you and miss you dearly.
33. Dad, death doesn’t change a thing because you’ve always been the angel in my life. I miss you.
34. I talk about him, not because I’m constantly living in pain. I’m not anymore, but in my world, this is my normal, and I’d rather live honestly and out loud. Joy, love, happiness, and gratefulness are my everyday, but so are death, loss, heartache, and grief. – Scribbles and Crumbs
35. If there ever comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart. I’ll stay there forever. – Winnie the Pooh
36. Say not in grief: ‘He is no more,’ but live in thankfulness that he was. – Hebrew Proverb
37. Although our lives’ journeys have bid us to be apart, I am with you, you are with me, always in our hearts. – Carolyn Ferreira
38. You have been there for me, no matter what bad choices I might have made, you lovingly repaired my broken spirit, helped me plot a new course, and set me free to fly on my own once again. There is no greater love than that. You will always be special to me, and no matter where life takes me, I’ll remember you with love. – Marilyn K. Deacon
39. You will always be in my heart because in there you’re still alive. – Jamie Cirello
40. Dad, your memories have become my heartbeats which mean I am thinking of you all the time.
41. Dad, I miss our talks.
42. Just one last chance, I wish I could get to hug you. Then I would hold you tight and never let go. I miss you, dad.
43. I miss you dad, not a day goes by that I’m not missing you.
44. Miss you, Daddy, I know we didn’t always get along, but I always loved you.
45. We love you and miss you. Rest in Peace Daddy.
46. Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever.
47. I think of you, I miss you, I need you and I love you.
48. When you left, you destroyed my fairytale. I stopped feeling perfect.
49. No matter how old she may be sometimes a girl just needs her dad.
50. I miss my dad a lot. I miss his advice and I miss his voice and I miss his hugs.
51. Happiness is the feeling that your dad is always there to guide you, even if he is in heaven.
52. Happy birthday, dad, how much I wish I could hear your voice again.
53. I miss you every second of every minute of every hour of every day.
54. Decorating the tree without you felt so empty. I feel sad. I wish you were here. I miss you so much, Dad.
55. To my father, “separated by death, together by love.” Miss you.
56. As I sit here and whisper, “I miss you,” I believe somehow you can still hear me.
57. I wish heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice one last time.
58. Thank you for being a great dad to us. Your memories will always live in the core of the heart. I miss you.
59. My dad is not here, but he is watching in heaven.
60. There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in your heart.
61. Dad, wherever you are, you are gone but you will never be forgotten.
62. It never gets easy daddy, it just gets different each day as we try to adjust to your leaving us so soon. We miss you so much.
63. You will forever remain alive in our hearts and memories daddy, and though we are learning to live without you, we still miss you so much.
64. No matter how many years go by, the pain of your death never diminishes. Dad, I miss you so much.
65. Daddy, I am so sorry for taking you for granted when you were still alive. Now that you are gone forever, I regret all the wasted opportunities and I wish you were still here so I could tell you how much I love you. I miss you so much.
66. You were my anchor and when you died dad, I felt so lost. Even today, many years later I still miss you so much.
67. Whenever your birthday or other holidays come around, I feel your absence so acutely. Life has never been the same since you left daddy and we miss you so much.
68. The love you had for all of us is something we deeply miss as much as we miss your presence in our lives.
69. I wish I could turn back the clock to when you were still here daddy, I would appreciate and enjoy every moment with you.
70. If only you were here. Dad, I’ve been thinking about you. Our times together, your wisdom, your guidance, your love, everything. I didn’t know that life would be this empty without you. I miss you.
71. If I was given one wish to make and would be assured that it would come true, I would wish that you would come back to us, daddy. Daddy, we miss you so much.
72. Father’s Day is so special to me daddy, even though you will never again celebrate it with me. I will forever celebrate you as one of the greatest dads in the world.
73. Happy Father’s Day daddy and I want you to know that I miss you so much and think about you always.
74. If death could be beseeched, I would have beseeched death not to take you away from us. Life must go on daddy but I will never forget you. I love you and miss you.
75. Daddy, even though you are gone, your memories will forever be precious, and the blessing is that you are still alive in us. We miss you so much and want to tell you that we love you so much.
76. The saddest day of my life was when you passed away, daddy. Who can ever love us like you did? Who can ever take your place? We miss you so much.
77. If I had one more chance to have you here with me today daddy, I would do things differently. Every day I would tell you how much you mean to me. I miss you so much.
78. This void that your death left is like a gaping wound and no amount of balm can completely heal it. I miss you so much, daddy.
79. No one knows the day they will die but it comes eventually and the ones left behind are left in so much pain. Daddy, this pain is only made easier by knowing that your suffering is over at last. But we still miss you all the same.
80. Daddy, you are like a warrior that has fought my childhood battles. You brought me joy and you mean more than the world itself to me and now that you’re gone, I can’t stop missing you. I Miss you father.
81. You have been my strongest provider, you did not only bring me to the world but you loved me and nurtured me, I owe you a lot, but death couldn’t allow me to pay it all. I miss you so much.
82. You are my King, My first source of happiness, the man who loved me regardless of all my flaws. I love you forever, My everlasting love. I miss You.
83. Thank you for forgiving all my childhood flaws, you stood by my side regardless of all my mistakes, you loved me beyond words and you have forgiven all my mistakes with love. I love you and I miss your presence in my life father.
84. Thank you, daddy, for flourishing our home with a lot of happiness, You have been such a great Man who is brave enough to look up to. I love You, daddy, even when you are far away, your presence can be felt. I miss you so much.
85. You are my biggest life inspiration, You gave me more reason to live and be successful. Everything I own, they are credited to the great love you have towards me. I love you and Miss You too much.
86. Daddy, the void you left me in my heart can’t be filled by anyone but I will hold on to the lovely memories we had together, Till we meet again. I love you deeply.
87. Your departure in my life has created a vacuum that can’t be filled easily. I miss you so much and time can’t heal the pain of how much I wish to be with you. Till we meet and part no more.
88. Death is an occurrence that can’t be avoided, but your passing away remains a big shock to me, My lovely father. I miss you deeply.
89. Daddy, you are my biggest support when life seems unfair, you are my greatest gift and I couldn’t imagine my life without you in it. I miss your presence so much, father.
89. Daddy, I grew up loving you and your love was the biggest kind of love I have experienced. Thanks for loving me regardless of my flaws. I miss you, dad.
90. You showed me the greatest love when you called me your daughter and you gave me your biggest blessing when you called me a blessed child. I miss you, daddy.
91. Daddy your absence is felt but no one is able to take that special space in my life. To me, you are the world’s best father.
92. Your legacy remains a blessing to the people you left and your warmest hug is what we can never forget. I hope you are in a better place. I miss you father.
93. Each time I remember how nice you were, I can’t just stop thinking how someone as good as you are can leave the world so soon but I get to realize that God takes his beloved ones earlier. I pray you keep resting beside the almighty. Till we meet again. I miss you.
94. In everything I find myself doing in life, I remember the wonderful moments I spent with you and I am motivated to do better. I miss you, daddy.
95. Before going through my daily activities every day, I create time to stare at your pictures and it gives me hope that I have you as my guardian angel. You are deeply missed, father.
96. While you were alive, you have always proved to me how much you loved and cared for me through so many great things you did for me. Words are not enough to tell you how much I miss you, My father. I love you.
97. Each time you appear in my dreams, I can feel your lovely hands and your soft touches again. I wish you never left us. I miss you each and every time.
98. They say time heals every wound but the loss of someone as lovely as you, time couldn’t heal the pain. I miss you so much and I hope you are in a better place.
99. If tears could bring you back to the world, I know you will be alive now but since we have no power over life occurrence, I will keep praying for you till the day we meet again. I miss you father.
100. Your lovely advice and sweet corrections can’t be forgotten. I still feel your presence around me each time I am about to take every step in my life. You are part of my success story and I hope you remain happy even in death. I miss you father.
101. If there is a chance of returning back to the world, please return to me. People, as great as you, should never leave the world and not return. I miss you, my king. I love you deeply, father.
102. Your place can’t be taken in my heart and the special love I have for you can’t be taken by anyone else. You remain my first life hero and blessing. I miss you father. I hope you are in a better place.
103. You taught me how to walk, talk and even taught me every other life lesson. I wish you are here to see me exploit in life. You are truly missed, father.
104. I remember how we laughed over petty things and how your not so funny jokes often made me laugh out my ribs and how lovely you were. These are the memories that kept me going. I miss you deeply father.
105. I wish time can be controlled, I will have paused the time just to be by your side till eternity, father. No one can be like you, dad.
106. I know even if you are not in this world to protect me, you are right in heaven serving as my guardian angel. I can feel your presence in my life every day.
107. They say you don’t know what you have not until it’s gone. Although I always knew you are one in a million kind of father but now I come to realize that no one can ever be like you in my life. I miss you father.
108. I remember your last moment on earth, you were warm and so calm even at the point of death, you remain the peaceful kind of person you are. You are a rare gem. I miss you deeply father.
109. The words you have said to me can’t be forgotten, the sweet love you showed me can’t be replaced and your sweetest smile can’t be erased. I wish you return back to the world. I miss you.
110. Your absence is felt and I couldn’t have imagined you leaving us this early and now I only have your memories to sustain myself.
111. I know you are up there, preparing a home for me and your loved ones. I can’t wait for the day we will meet again, all smiled up.
112. You are my first life inspiration, you taught me how to be strong and how to fight every battle life brings towards me and I can’t imagine my life if you are not my father.
113. I wish I can get to see you again for the last time and tell you how much I love you and wish you were here with me.